Artist Responses - Dan Mountford

 
 
Exploring more of Dan Mountford's work on double exposure and layer blending led me on to produce my own piece inspired by his work. I wanted to transform the original picture and alter it to oppose its original connotations of beauty and innocence and create a theme of the opposite - this means my piece had to reflect destruction and despair. I originally turned the image monochrome to connote the ageing factor and also appear more statuesque, then I started to layer over textures of cracks and coal fires in specific areas to connote destruction and despair. Eventually I finished it off with the noise filter to give it a grainy appearance to further signify the old and ageing theme I wanted to portray. Again, here I wanted to express the ideology of the "hidden personality" trait through overlaying textures, for example this is a representation of how a "fiery" personality can often come as a defense mechanism for those who want to hide their flaws or insecurities, their "cracks". 


No comments:

Post a Comment